You probably have your hospital bag ready with everything you need for your little one’s entrance into this world. You’ve thought of everything you and your little one will need during your stay there. But have you also thought to bring these 10 things with you?
If, like me, you are pregnant and due anytime soon you probably have had your hospital bag ready for a while now. You’ve packed your baby’s first outfit and some clothes, shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, etc. for yourself. Heck! Maybe you were ballsy enough to throw in some makeup as well. Kuddos to you if you did, girl!!
But there are a few things lots of women didn’t think of packing before they had to rush to the hospital. Giving birth is hard work so bring whatever makes your stay and experience a little more comfortable. Here are 10 things you might not have thought to bring with you:
- Flip flops
Not only can it be horrible to walk on cold hospital floors but flip flops can also be used when taking a shower. Lots of people don’t want to walk barefoot in places other unfamiliar feet have been as well. If you are one of those people, then pack some flip flops in your hospital bag!
- Phone charger Imagine that your phone dies before your little bundle of joy arrives. Only because you couldn’t stop playing Candy Crush in between your contractions. Then you’ll probably slap yourself in the face for not bringing your charger!
- Comfortable underwear
No one wants to wear uncomfortable thongs after giving birth. And you better believe your favorite pair of thongs will be your worst enemy when there’s a big ol’ pad between them and your lady parts. So bring your biggest and most unsexy granny panties so you can at least be comfortable down there!
- Baby clothes in other sizes
You probably have your baby’s most adorable outfit packed already, but keep in mind that you don’t know how big or small you’re little one is actually going to be. So pick out a few other outfits in other sizes as well!
- Lip balm Hospitals will make your lips feel like sanding paper especially when youre there for a longer period. So, don’t forget to bring your best lip balm or chapstick with you!
- A towel Most hospitals will provide towels. But you will be one grumpy momma-to-be if those ones are way too small for your body. Or if they just feel like they will scrape off your skin when using them!
- Cash money If you are going to be in the hospital for a while, you might want to bring some cash loose change with you. At some point you (or the person who’ll be joining you in the delivery room like your mom or sister) might want a snack from the cafeteria or the vending machine down the hall.
- Extension cord
It would suck big time if the only power outlet to charge your phone is too far from the hospital bed. So bring an extension cord with you to make sure you don’t have to get up out of bed if you want to check your Instagram feed in between contractions.
- Extra memory card If you’re bringing your photo camera you’re birthing partner is probaby going to take lots and lots of pictures. So in case he or she blows through the memory before baby is born, bring a second memory card just in case.
- Facial wipes If you are someone who (like me) likes to wash their face a gazillion times a day, then bring a package of facial wipes with you. When your baby has just made it’s way through your birthing canal and you may even just got some stitches in your hoohaa, you don’t want to get up to wash the sweat off your forehead. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
What other things have you put in your hospital bag?
Featured image source